The Exbourne Curved Heel Gate
This traditional Exbourne gate is extremely stylish and, very sturdy. It can be used as a field gate to contain livestock or as a luxury stylish driveway gate. With the Exbourne curved heel being planned all around, it provides a great look to any driveway or field entrance. This gate is also extremely popular with the Farming and equestrian community due to its 4 x 3inch (100mm x 75mm) top rail which gives it great strength.
As standard, they come as 4ft high and 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 foot wide. Made from treated sawn larch providing great quality timber and outstanding strength. Of course, we do also offer a bespoke size gate. Just give us a call on 01409 231763 and one of our friendly members of staff can talk you through and help you find the gate size you require!
To make your gate we use pressure treated larch wood. This gives the gate a long-lasting, strong and weatherproof finish. For the bolts, nuts, and washer we use a stainless steel metal; stopping it from rusting in the rain and also helping it last longer. With all this combined we have created the perfect, long-lasting and attractive field or entrance gate for you!
Bespoke sizes also available!
Free 15-20 Working Day Delivery;
Accessories for your field gate
We supply a perfectly suited field gate hinge and field gate auto latch to give an outstanding finish to the gate. Also available are our gate posts to provide great long-lasting strength to hold your gate. If you want any help on what fittings and posts to use please don't hesitate to contact us.
We also have a guide to help you "How to fit a wooden field or entrance gate"
Please feel free to give us a call on 01409 231763 and one of our experts will be happy to help with any advice or guidance; to help you purchase the perfect gate!
24" Adjustable Hinge Set - Used to fit the gate onto the post, allow a 4" gap between post and gate using this hinge set. This is premium version and is also available in standard galvanised.
Double Gate Latch Set - This set comes with a throwover loop and drop bolt. This set is need if two gates are hung together. This is the premium version and is also available in standard galvanised.
Self Locking Latch - Perfect if just one gate is hung by itself, this catches the gate when shut and stops it from moving or opening.
Sawn timber Post - 8ft 6x6, 8ft 7x7 and 8ft 8x8. Bespoke sizes available.
Oak Post - Long lasting gate post and looks great! Available in various sizes
Iroko Post - Long lasting and luxury. We don't currently have this listed, please give us a call for quote for these on 01409 231763. We are more than happy to help!
kiln dried Scandinavian Redwood
|Timber Treatment||Pressure treated with Tanalith E in a natural wood green.|
Top quality planed all round
|Width (ft)||4ft, 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft, 10ft, 11ft and 12ft|
|Height Of End Hanging Style (ft)||4ft|
|Height Of Turned Hell Hanging Style (Inch)||63.5"|
|Rail Dimensions (Inch)||3" x 1"|
|Top Rail Dimensions (Inch)||
4” x 3
Mortise And Tenon Joints:
- Strength is a extremely important factor of the Exbourne gate! To increase the overall gate strength we use mortise in tenon joints, a very traditional joint known to provide outstanding strength.
Green Pressure Treated
- The gate is made from green pressure treated timber! Pressure treatment uses a high-pressure tank to force the preservative chemicals deep into the timber quickly. This makes the wood much more durable and able to withstand damage and exposure to moisture. Not only will pressure treated timber last longer, it won’t need as much maintenance!
Made By Hand
- Our Exbourne gate is made by hand, by a team of very skilled joiners which have years of experience on this one gate! By the Exbourne gate being made by hand it reduces machinery flaws and increases the overall quality of the gate, due to the high amount of quality checks that are carried out to ensure only the best gates are sent out to our customers!
Planed All round Finish
- The Exbourne gates had a fully planed all round finish to the highest of quality. By the gate having this finish it provides a sense of luxury and looks outstanding in any driveway or field entrance!
Delivery & Returns
Please feel free to give us a call with any questions regarding delivery, we will be happy to help!
- Free 15-20 Working Day Delivery;
- Pick a preferred day of delivery yourself. Just let us know which day works best for you!
- Your delivery can be left safe - feel free to leave us a note for the courier.
- Click here for more delivery information.
- 30 Day Returns Accepted
- Goods to be returned in same condition as sent out
- Click here for more returns information